Zuyd is an ambitious university of applied sciences located in the heart of Europe, focusing on three core activities: education for students, research for companies and institutes, and training courses and study programmes for professionals.
Zuyd’s activities revolve around ‘passion for development’. Zuyd wants its students to have the knowledge, insights, and skills that the region it is active in needs. In order to achieve this ambition, we apply the following three principles:
- Passion for student development
- Integrating research into education
- Anchoring education in the world of practice
With a history of over one hundred years and 7,500 internships by its students each year, Zuyd is strongly anchored in Limburg and the Euregio Meuse-Rhine. We make an important contribution to the economic and social development agenda of this region.
Together with our partners, the Brightlands campuses, and other parties, Zuyd wants to give substance to the challenges facing the region. We focus on four themes based on this objective and our expertise and strengths. These themes have a multidisciplinary approach and link up with the region’s important transition challenges.
- Strengthening the vitality and participation of the population, supported by innovative technology
- Stimulating the smart use of data by current and future professionals, disciplines, and the surrounding area, organizations, and the business community
- Clearly promoting the quality of life and vitality of the residential environment, with a focus on the Parkstad region
- Working towards climate-neutral production, with a particular focus on minimizing the carbon footprint of the Chemelot site.
27 research centres of Zuyd are engaged in contributing to support these challenges with their knowledge and applied research.
Their research focus on health and wellbeing, technology, art and economics Research centres cooperate with each other and with the study programmes. They are led by a professor, a highly-qualified expert with extensive experience in education and research in a particular field.